Properties: colorless to light yellow liquid
Efficacy and function:
1. Home Remedies: Thyme oil can be used to help fight gout, arthritis, wounds, bites and sores, water retention, menstrual and menopausal problems, nausea and fatigue, respiratory problems (such as colds), skin conditions (oily skin and scarring), Athlete’s foot, hangovers, and even depression.
2. Aromatherapy essential oils: can be used to stimulate the spirit, enhance memory and concentration, and calm the nerves.
Hair Products – Thyme oil is said to help prevent hair loss and is even added to shampoos and other hair care products.
3. Skin products: Thyme oil can help aging skin and prevent acne breakouts.
4. Mouthwashes and herbal rinses: Like peppermint, wintergreen, and eucalyptus oils, thyme oil can be used to improve oral health.
5. Insecticide or repellant: Thyme oil can help keep away insects and parasites such as mosquitoes, fleas, lice and moths.
6. Stain remover for food: As shown in food microbiology, basil and thyme essential oils have antimicrobial properties against Shigella and Shigella flexneri that may contaminate food.